Manawatu Multicultural Council (MMC) is committed to adhering to the requirements of the Privacy Act to ensure our policies and procedures comply with the legal requirements of an individual'™s privacy.
- Manawatu Multicultural Council will appoint a Privacy Officer on an annual basis in accordance with section 23 of the Privacy Act who will familiarize themselves with the requirements of the Act.
- The Privacy Officer will review policies and procedures with regard to individual privacy and report to the executive committee with any recommendations for change.
- Any concerns regarding privacy matters will be referred to the Privacy Officer.
- All personal information held by MMC or the Multicultural Centre will be kept in a locked cabinet.
- Personal information held by MMC will never be used for purposes other than that which it was originally collected for.